Saturday, January 30, 2010

Public Enemy #1--Cancer



Seems to me that cancer picks the kindest, sweetest people we know to do it's dirty work. I know that isn't true but when someone you love is diagnosed with cancer the grim images are the first thing to pop into your head. My sister-in-law was just diagnosed with stage 3 Ovarian cancer. My first reaction was "are you kidding me?" She is the sweetest person I have ever known. Never a harsh word to anyone, always working, helpful, sincere and a beautiful singing voice, animal lover, mom and the patience of a saint to love my brother. (Sorry Don!)


I guess what I am trying to say that right now I am mad at God for allowing this to happen to her. She already has diabetes for all her life which has caused eye problems. Many, many laser surgeries, couple years ago a kidney stone that required surgery. She was recently diagnosed with Pleurisy and now this. Yet, with surgery coming in the next week she is very optimistic and in great spirits despite the pain.


I have always hated when, not feeling well, only to have someone say that someone has it worse than me so buck up. There is no reason why a normal person cannot feel bad, angry, depressed cry.........it's just part of the process. Getting over it is when you win.


I believe your attitude and how you handle the situation makes a big difference in the outcome. Most of the time. Sometimes it's just out of your hands.


So to my readers, please keep Shari Pachinger and her family in your hearts and prayers and lend a hand when you can. She deserves it.

1 comment:

  1. So sorry for your sis-in-law. Why some people and not others, I don't know. Our prayers for her.

    ReplyDelete