Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Trying my best
















Just when I can get the boys back into work the weather changes it's mind. There is ice everywhere. I tried throwing down salt here and there but it is just ridiculous. The driveway is a solid sheet of ice and that is where I need to walk to get to the round pen.

Klaus cleaned out the run-in shed for me and had an audience of 2. As soon as he was done, Paha backed in and left a deposit. He has also been cutting down dead Ash trees and Poplars and Cottonwoods. He was stacking the branches to burn later on but, of course, Meins and Paha believe the stack is for them and quickly spread all the branches out looking for the perfect one to chew up.

So today I will try to get the log pile out of the pasture because they are spreading that around too. The hubbs has been working all through the winter when time, and weather allows, to clean up the yard and give us plenty of firewood.

I did get my Bogs and am loving them. With my left ankle being fused it's very hard for me to wear tall boots. I am so glad for shorty boots and with the stretchy uppers of the Bogs I have no problem getting them on and off and they really keep my feet warm and dry. So I give Bogs 2 thumbs up!
So what have I been doing while the weather has not been nice? Quilts of course! Working on something special for an 80+ young friend and made a mini quilt for another with the scraps. I would love to do a quilt for the Appaloosa Museum. Mmmmmmmmmm, I need to think of something clever for that! The creative juices are already working!

2 comments:

  1. Such beautiful quilting! Don't know where you find the time, but you surely have the talent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Late at night or early in the morning and since it has been so cold and icy I can't get much done outside sooooo I sew!

    ReplyDelete