Friday, January 1, 2010

2010 Happy New Year!


OK 2009 is done and over with. It's time to look ahead to what this year will bring us. Hopefully it will be all good. Hubby is dealing with some health issues right now and I am proud of him for finally getting checked out and finding the problem and fixing it.

I'm not angry with him any more because it's a tough thing to admit when things don't feel quite right. So, we are on the right track and hope these issues will become nothing but a bad memory.

The ground is a bit icy right now but as soon as I can see where it will be safe to go I am going to start long lining Paha and get up on Meins and venture outside the round pen. Meins will take me anywhere I want to go, I have to learn to trust him and show him I can be the leader on his back as well as the ground. Paha is going back and forth between being a youngster with a 2 second attention span to really trying to listen to me. I give these two horses, my husband,my trainer, her assistant, and the breeder a huge debt of gratitude for putting up with my fumbling around. Whoever would have thought these animals could be so forgiving.

I don't do resolutions anymore. Have not done so for years. I usually have a list of "GOALS" I want to accomplish the coming year. Realistic goals, things I can actually go after and accomplish and not always on my own. My friends and family were a big part of getting 18 of my 22 goals complete.

2010 may start out a bit shaky for some of us, but knowing there is always a hand willing to help..........I believe it will be a good year after all.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

No comments:

Post a Comment