Tuesday, December 22, 2009

These are a few of my favorite things..............















































Christmas comes but once a year and people race around looking for the "perfect" gift and in all honesty, become disillusioned with what Christmas is all about. These last few days, weeks actually, I kind of have looked back on the year and truly am surprised at myself, at what really gives me joy and happiness. My husband, my home, my horses, dogs and cat. The myriad of people who were acquaintances that are now friends, true friends I can count on should we need help or to have stop by to chat. The kind of people you would do anything for. My family, although far away, I try to keep in contact with and was able to get together with a few times this year.
Christmas isn't about presents, it's about presence. A joyful horse nickering in the morning, an acknowledgement that they will soon be fed. Having them home, to watch them grow, mature, play, fight, snooze, ride and train. Watching my husband hard at work keeping the woods clear of dead trees and keeping our firewood at the ready, and constantly throwing Sammy's red ball. The sight and sound of the Chickadees impatiently waiting for the seeds to fill the feeders, often sitting on the feeder as it's filled! The first flowers in Spring, the green of Summer, the wild array of color in the Fall, to the fluffy white blanket of Winter tucked around us. These are the gifts I hold near and dear to me. I may not say it often enough or even seem not to notice, but I am truly, truly blessed in this life and am humbled at the magnitude of all those around me who call me their friend, mom, wife, aunt, daughter and sister.
Christmas is about giving of yourself and of others accepting what you offer. What can be more precious and loving than that?
Blessings to all my family, friends and animals, you are MY true presence.










No comments:

Post a Comment