Sunday, December 13, 2009

Christmas Open House!






































Well I think the dogs are absolutely exhausted from barking and greeting all the folks that were here yesterday for our Christmas party. At one point during, what I call, transition, there were 30 folks here! The house was so filled with happy people, good conversation, food and just all over warmth, the furnace NEVER came on! I did not even think of it until I started to get warm and thought it had been running all this time only to find the temp in the house was much HIGHER than the set temp!

My "Breakfast Bunch" friends, Robyne and her boyfriend, Rob were here early and stayed til near dark, then the neighbors came and lastly, the horse folk arrived. Gotta do those horse chores before fun time:) By then we had all migrated to the kitchen and talking and nibbling and just having a really good time.

What surprised me was our neighbors coming. Just a small group of people that we give greetings to day after day, small roadside chats, help when we need it, and even when we don't. From the day we moved in some one would let us know who could help us with yard work, roofing, plowing, etc., etc., and we were never disappointed and thought it only fitting to include these folks and am so glad I did. My mom and her boyfriend, David stayed the entire time! First to arrive, last to leave. Was was teary eyed in telling me she is so happy that we are in a great community with people who would do anything to help us. My mom said they had good things to say about us and I was really overwhelmed in the fact that these folks knew it was me, but mostly Klaus, doing whatever we could to clean up our street, keep our property non-horse neighborly friendly and so on.

ALL asked where Klaus was as he could not be here with us. He is in Kentucky on business and it could not be helped. A few others had to work or attend meetings and were disappointed they could not come. But I believe we have other gatherings since this was such a success.
Something I never would have expected were the gifts folks were bringing us! I was speechless. The foods were nearly gone! I did not have to figure out where to put leftovers because there really wasn't any. Out of 5# of Sweet and sour meatballs, about a dozen left. The Hungarian golaush, enough for dinner tonight. The chicken and stuffing bake, half a pan. Cookies! Oh my gosh the cookies! I "allowed" Robyne's boyfriend to make up a box to take home and we were fighting over cheesecake/cherry bars, those were scrumptous!

So all in all, this morning I woke up very happy, just for the simple fact that these people all mean a great deal to us and us to them and my mom will no longer worry that I am alone when Klaus has to travel out of town. I may be here by myself, but I am far from being alone.

To all my friends, whether you are a Facebook friend, and email friend and a friend across the pond, or around the corner, my life has been made so much richer and more meaningful because you are a part of my life. Thank you all for being so and spread some cheer to others who my not know they matter to you .

We tend to speed through life to "get there" but when you turn around there are a hell of a lot of faces that have been touched by you. Slow down and get to know those folks and realize that they are a big part of who you are.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!











"

4 comments:

  1. interesting blog
    great photos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a really good time! So sorry I couldn't come. Love the pics of the animals. You're right, you're blessed, and deservedly so!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. blushing MC. Wish you could have been here too!

    ReplyDelete