Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Farrier Day








They boys had their feet trimmed today and did quite well. Paha needed a little reminder that we do not kick when the farrier comes but my farrier does not get angry with him. Just pulled out his rope and lifted his back foot a couple of times and Paha was ok. He said his leg could have been a bit sore from holding his weight there after the accident. It happens. He took a good look at the injured leg and said It really looks good. Whew! I am ever so grateful for the knowledge I gleaned from so many horse folk so it didn't take much for me to figure out what to do and do it right. And because the boys were kind enough NOT to poop in the garage they got extra carrots with their feed and hay.

Anna is laying behind me patiently waiting for Sammy to get tired of the rawhide so she can snatch it up. Working on this blog and trying to keep my eyes open and talking to hubby also.

2 comments:

  1. Those are some really BAAAD pics. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok so I have Rosascea, swollen eyes and bed head.........what more can I say....

    ReplyDelete