Monday, February 8, 2010

Spring is getting closer?












This flower is so pretty and yet it scared the bejeebers out of us. It just kept growing taller and taller to the point I was afraid it would just fall over! Then finally a couple days ago it popped open and it is so beautiful. I love flowers and plants.


Klaus continued his quest to cut down dead trees and was finally able to cut down this one dead tree that had been hanging ominously over the footpath to the creek and pasture fence. So he closed off the back pasture so my ever helpful horses were out of the way, took down the fence wire and chop-chop it went down. But where did it fall? Right smack on top of a fence post driving it down into the ground. Sigh! But it needed to come down. With all the wind we have had lately and a big snow on the way it was best to just get it done. He chopped up what fell, which was mostly sawdust anyway and put a match to it and WHOOSH! that bad boy is gone.
The boys were kind enough to pose with another quilt I had just finished for my niece in Ohio. I hope she'll like it. Meins pulled it off the gate but I was able to rescue it before it landed in a fresh pile of manure. Silly horse!
We so enjoyed the sunshine today and while they stood snoozing and sunbathing I gave them a good brushing. I had lots and lots of white hairs all over me. Does that mean we are shedding??? Hope, hope! Spring will come early? Or was I just removing already scruffy whites? Sigh! I really hope it's a sign that that mangy rodent was wrong and Spring really is just around the corner!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Yea crazy as it seems, It snowed heavily here yesterday and the girls were shedding bucket loads of hair. Guess the girls know better than the ground hog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Spring is getting closer...but so is next winter. lol!

    I've read that shedding isn't a sign of Spring actually, but just a sign that the days are getting longer and the horses are being exposed to more light. (which of course means we are getting closer to Spring...sooooo, yes I guess you could say we are getting closer to Spring. lol!)

    That flower is HUGE! Amazing!
    And the quilt is gorgeous!

    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete