Friday, February 12, 2010







Wow! I tried to capture an exceptional, but brief, sunrise this morning. My camera just could not pick up what my eye was seeing. A red pyramid of flame coming up from the East surrounded by a still dark sky then it was gone, swallowed back up into the early morning greys. Had the photo actually come out it would have been spectacular!

The boys are waiting patiently for me to come out to feed. Paha always finds those last few tidbits he might have missed the night before. Sorry guys, momma needed to write this while her brain was on semi-functional!

Snowshoed last night and had a blast! The conditions were perfect (for me) Sunny skies, no wind, not too cold and lots of snow! The horses watched me closely as I went around the fenceline. Paha had not seen this get up before. I think he was fascinated by my too big feet when I fed them. As I came closer to the fence to drop feed he stuck his nose through the bottom of the fence to get a sniff and taste. I guess since they were attached to my feet.........all is good.

When I feed this morning I'll strap on my snowshoes and take the dogs around. Anna is the clever one. She'll track right behind me so she doesn't have to plow her way through the snow. Unfortunately she'll step on the back of a shoe and nearly send me to the ground. So glad I use the poles, otherwise I would be headfirst in the drifts.

This Amaryllis is soooo big (8" across) and a delight to see in the morning amidst a backdrop of snow. Smiling!

Have a great day and enjoy what's before you no matter how brief.



No comments:

Post a Comment