Tuesday, May 25, 2010

And the dirt cometh................











I think the Turkey Vulture flying overhead was looking for my stinky Jack Russell. He cannot stay out of the muck!
The 1st load of fill backing into the pasture.
I love that JD Bulldozer! What we can do with that bad boy, {{{ooh ooh shudder}}}!
Nice solid pathway to the run-in shed.
This was the 3rd and last load. When the tires started to sink I just put my head in my hands, but once load was dumped he drove right out. The first load we nearly lost the entire truck! It sunk into a hole on the right side and as he raised the bed to try to get rid of the dirt the whole truck started to tip, yikes! So he stopped and when Paul (Dryden Excavating) arrived, they hooked up to the dozer and pulled that big dump out like it was nothing. Even with all that fill (20 yrds) still inside! OH YEA I want one of those!
As soon as I harrowed it out a bit, put the fence back up and opened up the gate Paha had a ball. He was sniffing, pawing, running a few feet, spinning. And once I brought Meins back in from the round pen it was like the two of them discovered something amazing. Running, jumping, rolling, snorting and being just plain silly. Got to love them!





No comments:

Post a Comment