Saturday, January 29, 2011

The fence lost this round




Never in a million years would I ever have thought I would have to take a toy away from a horse! Paha and his Jolly ball got into trouble sometime early this morning and judgeing from the marks in the snow, well, he wanted his toy back. Every now and then he would toss his ball over the fence and stare at it, so, since I have been dutifully trained by my animals to come at every beck and call, I would go out and throw it back in. When I woke up this morning it was just getting light out and when I looked out the bedroom window across the driveway, there they both stood, as usual, at the gate and facing the house. Both Jolly balls were at their feet. This was around 6:30AM or so. When I finally rolled out of bed to go out and feed, they were both in the back and the toys were up in the far front corner. Then I saw the bottom wire all curled up along the top of the snow and one top cap had popped off the t-post and was just swayin' in the breeze. AND the 1 1/2 to 2" of snow turned into 5 or 6"!!! SOOO.... finished feeding, cut the power to the fence, went to the store to get feed, birdseed and dogfood as I intended, came home, unloaded feed, ran the hose to water tank to fill, grabbed some tools fixed the fence and all is good. Whew! No more toys unless I'm out there too!


Missing my Anna very much and what is making it worse is my husband will not talk to me now. I really had no other options. The pain meds stopped working, she wasn't eating, she was crawling on the floor and wimpering all the time. Her life quality took a 180 degree turn in 2 days and I have to much respect for animals to have made her continue tthat way for a few more days. Had someone said, "She'll be good as new as soon as you fork over $2000" in a heartbeat she would be fixed! But the surgery was no guarantee and not recommended because of her other health issues. I know I did the right thing by her and if others do not understand I cannot help them. We all grieve in our own ways, (have to move back so tears do not hit the keyboard) if he chooses not to talk about it there isn't much I can do. I have other critters to take care of and can grieve for her in the quiet moments and know I have some truly great memories of her.


Love you Peeps, mom's drinking a Shiner Bock beer on your behalf!

No comments:

Post a Comment