Monday, October 29, 2012

I'm fine

Went to the funeral home this morning and talked with Kathy and looked at the photos of her husband and her and I believe she is going to be ok. It is going to be tough but she has vowed, with the help of Eric's mom, to finish the house. I stayed for about 30 minutes which is 25 more than I can handle and went to the feed store.
Started buying 500# pounds of feed at a time now which actually costs less than me buying a few bags at a time. When I got home Mike happened to be checking the hay fields so I asked if could help me unload and stack them next to the feed bins which he did. Thank you my man!
Fed the dogs and lay down for a bit then go back to funeral home for the memorial service. Well, I did go back to the funeral home but just could not convince myself to go inside. I even shut the truck off. But I couldn't do it and if anyone saw me I hope they understand. But I will visit Kathy and hope that she and SYlvia come for coffee or tea from time to time.
The wind has really picked up in the last few hours to the point of going out and locking down the barn doors. I tried to put the horses in the barn but they had a fit and would not settle down so put them back out with extra hay and they went and cuddled up with Red behind the barn by the shelter and with ears at half mast and cocked foot promtly went into snooze mood. Animals!
I was able to get some sleep without the bad dreams and think I will be able to sleep tonight. Even with the winds (Hurricane Sandy super storm) howling and banging things around I'll be ok.
Klaus is up in Escanaba to work so to me he is nearby. He has been steadily getting the barns rewired, which is hard to do when you are only home 24 to 48 hrs at a time. some aisle lights and a switch in my barn and finishing up in his barn and those will be done.
I'm going to take my tired self to bed so I can see what trouble will be witing for me to get into tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment