Saturday, October 24, 2009

Getting started




With the holidays nearly upon us I decided to use this dreary rainy day to make cookies for Christmas. Out of 8 and a half dozen cookies I only ate 2 broken ones! That's a first for me. Half the dough would have been gone on earlier occasions.

I am really working on losing weight and firming up. I noticed my pants are getting too big and I attribute that to the fact I walk a lot more now when I throw hay in the morning and evening along the fence line instead of one spot. This winter may be a bit tricky but as long as it isn't bitterly cold, I'll continue to spread it out. In the meantime, my plastic sled and snowshoes are ready.

The other reason I am getting some baking and cooking out of the way now is because I want to put in as much saddle time as I can. Been really itching to get back on Meins and I believe he is ready for me too. When I have saddled him lately he is not a goofy colt but has been all business. Now Paha, on the other hand, has been a little snot as of late. Terrible Two's? Where did my little boy go? haha! He has been trying to see who is boss and has mostly been doing it to Meins. But tries with anyone who handles him. He made the mistake of doing that to my trainer when he went to get his teeth done. TSK, TSK, TSK! Bad idea Pa. I cut back on the Equine Junior, just a half pound, since I can see his belly when he is walking away and his ribs are barely noticable. He settled down a bit too. I'll keep my eyes and hands on him all winter and adjust his feed as needed. I would rather there was a bit of "chunky" over the winter anyway.

Well, now that the cookies have cooled I need to clean up the kitchen and either sew, take a shower and get dressed (still in my jammies) or read my book.........................aahhhh the house smells soooo goood, mmmmm.................................

6 comments:

  1. You're 'way too ambitious for me! Can't even think about xmas cookies yet...I don't even want to pass out Halloween candy this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta do those "rum balls" early. They taste better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! Rum balls sound good. And I don't do the candy passing out any more. We live in the sticks and it seemed like older kids were out looking for goodies (trouble)rather than the tikes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well it's a very good thing that we can gain weight just from smelling cookies baking, eh? lol!
    Do you add Hershey's kisses to those peanut butter cookies, too? That's the only way I'll eat 'em. hehe!
    I like your kitchen decor, especially the Kokopelli cutting board. Your kitchen looks more southwestern than mine even. lol!

    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Lisa, I have a very eclectic Southwestern theme going through my house. The kitchen started out with chili pepper theme, then I fell in love with Kokopelli, back to western..........whew! You see a bit of everything and nothing I myself bought. My friends and family know me way to well. lol
    Left this batch of peanut butter cookies plain, but I just picked up m&m's for the next and am doing my favorite, oatmeal chocolate chip. Mmmm the Hershey Kisses sound like a very good idea.

    ReplyDelete