Friday, July 10, 2009

Happy boys!




Had the vet out to clean Meins' sheath and do a recheck on Paha's eyes.


I felt so bad that the vet found two nice-sized beans and he was quite dirty. Since I had never had a horse this long ,it took him nearly ruining his tail for me to realize he needed help. Now I know better and I hope Meins forgives me for that one.


The vet believes it is quite possible that Paha is missing some receptors in his eyes that would normally assist in going from dark to light, light to dark much more quickly. His pupils respond as they should and he sees no cloudiness or dullness to his eyes. Given his age (2) and the growth spurt he is experienceing he may well be just this side of clumsy and a sudden shift in light his eyes cannot adjust to quickly enough, could cause the tripping. I watch Pa and Meins nearly every day for an hour or so and they both seem so content and happy to be with one another. Lately Paha has been being a bit bossy and Meins has backed down. But I have not seen the all out and out pushing and bullying that Meins had done to him last year. Maybe Paha got a smidge of confidence this past Spring being out with other horses that were just as bossy and he learned to fight back, just a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment