Friday, July 24, 2009

It's dead now!











Well, I think the poor lawn tractor finally gave up the ghost. Sigh! I really hope it can be fixed for a reasonable price but I'm not going to hold my breath. I was mowing and it seized up so hubby and I pushed it up to the garage and he worked on it a bit. Then I went to finish mowing and after starting it up an awful crunching, grinding noise came from the motor and that was it. So hubby had to get out the old push mower and started cuuting away!

Sears will be here on Monday and I am keeping my fingers crossed. Poor thing/

A few days ago while it still ran I harrowed a bit of the area in front of the run-in and made it nice and smooth and soft. Those two silly clowns were over there before I even left the pasture and had themselves a good long roll. The black dirt is not so noticable on Meins being a dark bay, but Paha looked like a tri colored Paint when he got up. Then they did it again and again, nearly rolling on top one another. They are so funny!

They also tried to help me in my ongoing efforts to rid their pasture of rocks and stones. Actually I think they were trying to figure out a way to drive the tractor as Paha grabbed the steering wheel and Meins pulled on the seat. THIS is when I need to have the camera on me!

Today as I was bent over scrubbing the ickies from the water tank, Paha was right next to me trying to grab the scrub brush I was using. Talk about a huge hinderence. Thankfully he pretty much left the hose alone as the tank was being refilled. A few weeks ago, when the tank was nearly full, I stood waiting a few more minutes as Paha walked over, usually to get a quick scratch or rub from me, but NOOOOO, he had to grab that darn hose and of course, guess who got wet! I think he knew what he was doing standing there nodding his head up and down with the hose still in his mouth.

Oh I love these guys so much! What a pair.

No comments:

Post a Comment