Sunday, July 5, 2009

Fun, family and FOOD!







Most of the July 4th holidays I remember were either sweltering hot or severe storms days. Yesterday proved that God decided we needed a bit of "Nice Day" and provided us with gentle breezes, sunshine and decent temperatures.
Hubby came home from Germany Friday afternoon, Paha came home yesterday afternoon. The kids came over for a cookout,which almost wasn't, I was dropping burgers on the ground and lost a couple hot dogs to the grill. Sammy entertained us by trying to climb a tree to get his ball. He is relentless about you throwing the ball, so being the mean, cruel person that I am, put it on top a nesting box on the tree. That was fun!!! My daughter's boyfriend enjoyed manning the fire pit and by evening had a beautiful fire going. My daughter ran back and forth to the house and us doing laundry. The dogs had just run through the muck and jumped all over her as she got out of the car. Hubby kept busy trying to catch up with 4weeks of trimming. I trimmed twice while he was gone and that is more than enough for me. Me, I mowed grass, harrowed pastures and went in the one pasture to rake and fill the dump cart with rocks.
By the time the kids arrived I had just plopped down on a lawn chair ready to take a snooze. I thought it was only 11:30. When the weather is nice I just keep going. When I found out it was actually 2:00 I ran in the house,washed up, put on my patriotic earrings and shirt, no time for a shower now, and went back outside. It was a looong good day and I enjoyed every minute of it.
We don't do fireworks. The critters get too scared. I no longer get any "spark" out of a quick flash and "BOOM".
I get a jolt just looking out the window and seeing those two Appy rumps and realizing they are mine.
Hope you had a great weekend too!


No comments:

Post a Comment