Friday, August 7, 2009

Go Meins!











Since the riding mower broke down I had been thinking of how to harrow the paddock. So, since Meins had successfully helping me move hay over the winter, (hay bales on a blue tarp hooked up to his harness) I thought, well.........why not the harrow. We made 2 complete circuits around the paddock when the harrow got caught on a small ? poking out of the ground and we lost momentum and Meins decided he had had enough. By then the rope had stretched out and Paha was bringing up the rear sniffing the harrow the entire time. Sheesh! What a parade! So I have spent the better part of the last two cool mornings with my pitchfork, rake and wheelbarrel, trying to do cleanup but I swear for every scoop into the wheelbarrow those two will let loose with a fresh pile. Sigh! So I gave up around 9:30A and went for a ride instead. The muggies will be here later this afternoon and thunderstorms over the weekend. I don't mind riding in the rain and Meins seems to enjoy it also, but when I know a storm is coming, on the back of a horse is not where I want to be!

This is so cute! I came across this saddle birdfeeder from Collections Etc. and just had to get it. I put our farm name on the backside and put it in the garden I had redone earlier this Summer and filled with birdseed. It's just really adorable!
Took my camera with me, but I always forget to take pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment