Friday, August 21, 2009

More of the same






















Been doing marathon sewing lately so I got behind a bit.






Here are some more pics from the flooding. The bucket I was using to pick up my scattered firewood which was dotted throughout the pasture to the farthest corner where I also found the cover for the fire pit and a makeshift bird feeder. The tire went out with yesterday's trash and in working in that far corner again to clean up more debris I found more firewood and even some 2x6 boards. When Klaus and I were finally able to walk the back half of our property we discovered a broken culvert drain. Of course it isn't on the county maps so it's something we have to fix.






Got our new John Deere tractor and am very happy with it. I took advantage of the Appaloosa Horse club's Members advantage program and rec $300 off + the $300 from JD. I harrowed the pasture and was able to get done quicker. Being able to remove the mowing deck makes a big difference! It isn't banging around when I dip into a hole or bottom out going through gates.with more power I am not afraid I am overloading the motor. Very happy with it.






Next month Meins and I will be getting for the parade in Matamora. I am really excited as this entire celebration is all about horses and the people who make sure we enjoy every moment with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment