Thursday, September 17, 2009


Well...... that did not last very long.

Tuesday (Sept. 8) I went to ride Meins and while in the arena my trainer rode up next to me and before I knew it, I was on the ground. :( I was expecting him to back up, so sat back, but instead he spun left right into them. I did try to stay on and have the black and blue calves to prove it along with a hunk of mane. Did try to walk it off and went back over to the mounting block to get back on but when I lifted my left leg to step up, it hurt, and it hurt bad. So we left the arena and at first headed toward the round pen then went into the barn then came back out and by then my back hurt so bad I was not rational and took off my helmet and fired it into the back of the truck then as I took Meins tack off, I threw them into the back of the truck also. Literally dragged him back to his paddock, took off his bridle, threw that in the back of the truck and came home.

I was/am just so frustrated with my riding and lack of balance and the fact that the only time I get hurt is when I am at her farm and get pushed into something I'm not quite ready for. I'm sorry to say I'll be glad when this is over, Meins will be back home and we can resume our quiet rides down the road.

When I first talked about being in the parade my trainer said she would walk beside me. Then all of a sudden we are doing drill team exercises, and everybody is wearing matching t-shirts, her 4-H club is walking ahead with a sign, etc., etc.. So now the whole thing is out of my hands and when I went to get x-rays because my backside hurt so bad.....my tailbone is broken from the fall. So I am disappointed in myself and the ones who had promised to help me. But I'm glad the kids will get to be in the parade and her friend will get to be a participant instead of being the "show mom". Her wonderful client does not feel so right now.

I had wanted to either dress up in an 1800's era riding outfit or my green jeans, Meins' color is green, and a new shirt I had bought with Appaloosas on it. I was doing this to have fun and to promote the Appaloosa. What am I going to do with all the brochures The Appaloosa Horse Club gave me? We are still going to be in the breed display, my friend gave me a pillow made especially for tailbone injuries and, depending how my back feels, I'll walk Meins in the parade. And I will smile and have fun.

2 comments:

  1. Yowch! I'm amazed that you did the parade, even walking it, with a broken tailbone. You're one tough cookie!

    And I hear ya on the always putting yourself in harm's way when riding with someone else.

    Every time my mare acted up and even when I got hurt and fell of was when I rode with my neighbor and her crazy gelding. Something about that gelding always made my mare wacky and irritable. I could feel it, too. Her gelding is an appy/pinto/arabian and must be bi-polar. One minute he's relaxed on a trail and the next all prancy, spooky and impatient. I think that behavior just unsettles my mare.

    Our best time together riding was just her and I out on the back trails by ourselves.

    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes it is meant to be that way.

    ReplyDelete