Thursday, September 3, 2009

On the mend







Well now that I know I am not going crazy and I really was having medical issues (Thyroiditis, low Potassium and Diverticulosis) I can get back to concentrating on my riding and "playing" with Paha.



With the parade coming up on the 26th, NOW, I am starting to get nervous. The past two months I felt too "off" to stay in the saddle for long so Meins and I really did not get to do a great deal of saddle time. I worked with him on the ground yesterday and he did not want to cooperate. It took nearly half and hour to get him to lick and chew. He took off at a full gallop when a kid rode by on his bike (love my round pen!) and when hubby stepped up to the fence to watch he did not want to go past him. And Paha stood under the tree the entire time watching Big brother make a fool of himself. Then WHAM! all of a sudden he was my ever so cooperative partner! Followed me all around the R/P, backed up on verbal cue, moved his hips from both sides, flex. I'm certain it was something I did that set him off in the first place. Once the meds really start working and the inflamations go away along with the pain and disorientation, we'll get our rhythm back.



I had hoped to be able to take both horses to the celebration but stalls are limited and without having my own transportation I can only travel when someone else is going that way and has the room. Maybe in a few years.........................

No comments:

Post a Comment