Wednesday, November 11, 2009

And the dirt goes on......................

















(sing to the tune of These Boots were made for Walkin') .. the dirt goes on. Dirt is flyin' from shovels over there...........it does not seem to end. It took nearly a month and a half to wait for the ground to dry up just enough to get a 20 yd load of fill dirt and still he sank in the ground. The fellow was able to dump it and pull out but the ruts he left were huge.



I hooked the dump cart up to the tractor and took loads of dirt to various spots in the yard and dumped it then when hubby had the chance he started shoveling big time. I'm doing as much as I physically can and cursing myself for not really pushing for the tractor with the front end loader. All that dirt could have been moved in a matter of hours saving our backs arms and legs. No wonder I'm too damned tired to ride. The boys are currently confined to one small area and it really needs to be scraped. I have been raking up what I can and moving it out but my body is good for 1 load and I am done.


Several times over the past year I have considered just giving up. I love my horses very much but in all honesty, I believe they would be better off, and safer, somewhere else. The bugs are horrendous in the Summer and the ground just is not sustainable for horses. Too soft and way too wet most of the time. Moving somewhere else just isn't going to happen and boarding them elswhere is not affordable. Gee, do I sound depressed? Yes I guess I am for the moment. I just did not envision me in my fifties doing physical labor. Never in my life have I worked as hard as I have since we moved here. When I have a moment to enjoy them, I'm tired. Lately I'm lucky if I can make it through dinner with both eyes open. I just hope my potassium levels have not gone down again.The possibility of needing an IV does not thrill me.


Ok, I guess I'm done with the self pity party.

Sorry about my ranting yesterday, just one of those days................................

No comments:

Post a Comment