Sunday, November 29, 2009

Day after Thanksgiving, Thanksgiving.











The drive down to Ohio was not too bad but there had been black ice on the roadways along with snow in spots and there were quite a few cars that had spun out and were facing the wrong direction. The route my hubby had intended to take, then decided not to, was a very good decision as the highway ended up being shut down for awhile because of the black ice that caused a fatal rollover. My heart goes out to that family. The rest of the drive was pretty uneventful.


My mom did cry. Not because we were there but because she wasn't. She had come down with the flu and not only did she not want to get anyone else sick but because of my Auntie's compromised immune system from the chemo. She said no matter what they are coming up on the 12th for our Christmas party. Their van is already packed and she has no intention of unloading and reloading especially since one of the items they were bringing me was a saddle. I know that they will make it.
We really had a good time with my brother and sister-in-law. The food was great!!!!!!
I got into a "warm" discussion about hoof and leg care with a harness racer. He claims to have never heard of hoof boots and does not understand why I do not intend to EVER shoe my horses. He went on about needles into the coronary band to promote blood flow. For some reason the term "pin-firing" stuck in my head and I started to get a bit upset but stuck to my guns about hoof and total horse care. When I told him my guys are outside 24/7 with a run-in shelter he seemed absolutely incredulous! I just reminded myself we are from two different worlds concerning horses and tried to change the subject. He went on and on about being a Monty Roberts follower as am I but I think Monty would definately discount some of his practices. Oh well, getting mad all over again.

Katie did a great job with our fourlegged kids. The horses were happily munching away when we arrived home. They both raised their heads for a moment when I called out to them which was more than I expected. The dogs could not get enough of us. Anna's nickname has always been "Squeeky" because she just totally looses herself, circling, squeeking, crying and that little tail going a thousand miles an hour. Coming home to greetings like that makes me all the more thankful for what and whom I have it with.

No comments:

Post a Comment