Monday, November 2, 2009

Down again!



I think I need to put some sort of radar device in front of me so I know where my feet are going. Paha and I were taking one of our walks through the woods, stepping over various logs, getting used to sticks breaking under his feet, feeling and seeing strange thing on his belly, sides, legs and butt and WHAM! We stepped over a log and the ground just disappeared under our feet. It was a sink hole that must have been there after all the flooding in August and with the recent rains it just finally gave out. Paha was halfway over the log and went down on his knees, chest and nose. His belly landed on top the log and he seemed to be trying to figure out what to do with his back legs as they were still on the ground on the other side of the log. I fell forward and to the left, landing on my knees, AGAIN! (I tripped over my boots when doing hay yesterday and went down) Of course that jarred my back, more, and both knees are black and blue and swollen. I so wanted to get on Meins today but shortly after falling, it started raining, big surprise. Sigh! Paha was a good sport about the whole thing. It took him a minute to get up but he shook himself off and I didn't make a big deal of it and walked on. He had a little scrape on his nose, his chest was muddy as were his knees and belly. I hosed the mud off his legs and ran my hands down over all four and he seems ok. I'm getting ready to do evening feed and see how he is doing. But throughout the day he was his normal self so maybe the whole thing was just a non-issue for him. Wish I can say the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment