Sunday, November 15, 2009

Don't throw in the towel!




I had a bit of a chuckle this morning when I skimmed over my horrorscope (NOT a missprint), and according to my Sagittarian sign for this week, I'm not to throw in the towel. That after all my hard work these past months I am just tired. Whew! Gee that's a relief. hehe!


I finished 2 more winter riding helmet covers for my trainer. It's really nice to see all those colors when riding in the winter instead of dreary black. I enjoy making them too.


Well as today is the first day of firearm deer hunting and first thing this morning there were 4 or 5 of the huge little darlings hiding by our firewood. Anna saw them and ran toward them barking with Aldo in hot pursuit. I saw a bunch of white "flags" go up and move off at a very quick clip and heard gunfire shortly after. Somebody must have gotten one of them. Two families to the North of us hunt so I wish them much success today and throughout the hunting season. I'm sure one of my friends will be out there also. She makes me laugh because she can field dress a kill yet gets queasy when one of the horses gets a nasty cut. But I guess all of us have different tolerances to different things.


It, of course, is really dreary and a bit rainy today. A really great day to make cookies, read another book and/or finish my Christmas table cover. Mmmm, I wonder what I'll do today???


Group hug with the boys this morning. It kind of has become part of the morning routine. I go in and do a quick check to make sure all is well with them and then go get their hay. The gunfire thankfully does not rattle them and for the time being with them being confined to the front pasture I am not totally fearful of an errant bullet. But that thought is always in back of my mind this time of year.


So on to the kitchen and put some pleasant, comforting smells in the house.....................

No comments:

Post a Comment