Sunday, June 6, 2010

The Appaloosa Museum
















I love the inteactive kids area. Check out the "seats" around the table, very clever!






This head dress is nearly a century old and still quite impressive!














These are the carved wooden doors to the entrance of The Appaloosa Horse Club, which is next to the museum.









If If only you could really see and feel the detail on some of these items. This saddle in particular just fascinated me! It's so beautiful and functional as well. I guess when you have to ride through cactus country the horse and rider need all the protection they can get.







4 comments:

  1. I so want to go to the Appaloosa museum and headquarters! Someday I will! I finally got my Appaloosa 8 years ago, she is 10 now. I have loved them since I was a kid and used to look through some freinds Appaloosa Journals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is so much history of the entire area. I would need a month just to go through the North Central Area alone! But if you love Appaloosas you have to make the pilgramage there. It's well worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy you got there and had a good time, despite the colds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks MR! I am making the Chief Joseph Trail a goal to accomplish in 2 yrs with with both my boys. I so want to get back to that area. The history there is astounding! Not just about the horse and people but how the area became what it is today. Much of it is not in books and the pics I did see made me want more!

    ReplyDelete