Friday, June 11, 2010

Planes, trains and Equine things


We arrived home safely Monday evening and not feeling much better. Robyne went to the Doc on Wed and she has (possibly) strep and an ear infection. My Doc added cough syrup to my growing list of meds.

So I have Hashimoto's desease. My immune system is attacking my thyroid throwing everything hormonal out of whack. GRREEAAAAAT! I'll be leaving in a bit to have an ultrasound done on my neck to make sure there are no tumors looming there.

The boys and I are slowly getting back on track. While Klaus worked on the fence Tues. I moved some of the round pen panels around so they could graze on grass then before putting them back into the pasture we did a short session. Yes with both of them at the same time. Paha is such a follower. When I had them stop and turn Pa would let Meins pass and lead so I would stop them again and ask for the turn until they got it. Paha stepped out reluctantly in the lead and Meins wanted to nip to hurry him along but a snap from the whip made him back off. Just a slow casual walk around the R/P with Paha in the lead is all I wanted and got. We have been working on this for awhile. I have also "ponied" Meins off of Paha. No I was not riding Pa, he was tacked up and I led them around the pasture, trees, cones, barrel and then switched. Meins just does not want a horse that close to him in the rear. He got a couple of god slaps with my "hand" (the bat actually has the shape of a leather hand on the end) and he will behave, albeit with an attitude.

So that's it for today, happy Friday everyone and have a great horsey weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment