Saturday, June 26, 2010

Follow the leader







It never seems to fail. Meins and Paha can be waaay over yonder and I'll step into the pasture to do some work and the next thing I know is there are two noses snuffling my neck and shoulders. This is what I love best about spending time with them. Today I was raking manure (dry) into small piles so I can pick it up in the wheelbarrow tomorrow. So for the heck of it I raised the garden rake up over our heads, no one moved, soooo just for the heck of it I wanted to see what they would do if the rake was lowered onto their backs. You know what? They loved it!!! I scratched their tummies, which I thought was going to put Paha to heaven, and their rumps. Dropped heads, sleepy eyes, just plain relaxed. What's wrong with these horses? Why on earth do they trust a two legged so much? They keep me in such awe at times. These two, 1000 lbs animals trust me enough to allow me to come into their space and do all these crazy things with them. And then to just drop and lay down next to me is even more amazing! I know I've said it before and I will repeat myself; I am humbled, and ever so grateful, to have these two amazing animals entrusted in my care. I (we) will do whatever it takes to make sure they have a long happy, comfortable life with us.
Pic #1, Dom sitting in our hotel window overlooking the back of the Appaloosa Museum. #2, Dom riding Paha and #3, Mom saying goodbye to the boys before heading to Idaho the next morning. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment