Friday, June 25, 2010

Taking our time


Paha and I slowly getting back into walking shape. Well, I am, he's just along for company. I have to keep after him because he walks so dang slow! I always forget to grab the med length (dressage) whip and walk past it every time. We walked down the road til we (I) could no longer hear Meins and stood for a few minutes then came back and went down to the creek but those REALLY BIG FLIES were on us immediately. So we came back, I groomed him head to foot, took off his face mask and shook out the dirt and put that back on, checked feets, mane, tail and sprayed the bugger down really well. The flies love his white belly. Actually they have not been too bad, I try to stay on top of the manure and my next batch of fly preds should be coming soon. The mosquitoes are going to be the challenge this year with all the water around here.

Tomorrow Meins and I will take our walk and hopefully by the end of July I'll be riding him down the road. Still working on the dizzy spells. That's why I quite doing so many things and well, I'm getting better. If I fall asleep now it may just be for an hour or so, as to before I was actually going back to bed for 3 or 4 hours.

Working on a new quilt for one of my breakfast girls. Her house is decorated in Nautical style but I wanted to do something a bit different and more personal. MERMAIDS! So far I have most of the fabric picked out, seashore themed, and traced my applique pcs out. This is going to be a fast, fun one!

I'm going to go read my Trail Rider magazine, finish laundry and mop the floor.

Hope you are having a beautiful day!
The pic is of the Snake River in Lewiston, Idaho.

No comments:

Post a Comment