Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Back History


Just a quick history to those of you that have no clue as to why I decided to do this. I fell in love with Appaloosas during my childhood on a trip to the Ohio state fair. Then in high school a friend and I got jobs working for a woman who bred and showed Appys. Her stallion, WH Mr. Wild Spot, could make anyone fall in love with the breed. A few years later I bought my 1st horse. A spunky little QH mare named Brandy. Our partnership did not go well and in less than two weeks she fell on me after rearing up and falling over backwards. Crushing my left leg, ER docs wanted to amputate just below the knee until a little, quiet surgeon, Dr. Kevin Lee, saw the situation and started barking out orders sending me into surgery on what started to be a lifelong odyssy. Jump ahead 30 yrs to me in my late 40's deciding it was time to finally ride again. I met The Traveling Trainer, Ann-Marie Lavallee, in Dryden, MI in March of '05 and she helped me get "back in the saddle". In Oct. '05 I won E Arrow Bonds Butty from the Appaloosa museum raffle that sent me back into a world I loved and missed so much. Then last Spring I saw E Arrow Paha and knew he had to be my horse. So on Oct. 3, 2008 we got the "CALL". We had won Paha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So going from no horses to two in a matter of 3yrs and doing this all backwards has given us some real challenges. We got the horse first, then put in pasture fence, grass, hay shed, run-in shed and electric fence. Last year I was able to get a round pen. Next on the wish list; tractor, horse trailer and small barn, in that order. Just waiting for the little fairies to come make it happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment