Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Horses aren't my only passion!







My posts will keep changing as I experiment with this new way of information. So please bear with me! I'm still learning about all the cool things I can do with a computer.

I had wanted to put this up before as this is a second passion of mine when the weather or my Fibromyalgia keeps me from working with the boys. I made this quilt to put over my fireplace and I think it's so pretty. the background fabric is a light silver Batic print of conchos and the outer border is a batic print of dark, warm brown with bandana print. The mare, foal and horseshoes are laser cut outs that only need to be ironed on. Since I like to wash my quilts to clean them I sewed them on. I actually like the effect much better. I should have taken my hubby's suggestion to put spots on the butts. Maybe next time!
As you can see, my horses carry over into my sewing and The Traveling Trainer keeps me busy putting the sillouette of her logo on jeans. The hooded jacket was stained and had a logo on it of a company I no longer work for but it's comfy. What do you do? Recycle! Applique (and a bit of imagination) gives so many things a second life. This makes it all that much more fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment