Friday, April 17, 2009

Big brother gets hurt







Big brother Meins got cut just under his right eye on Sunday and although we treated it as soon as we saw it, it got infected. YUCK! The vet came out Thursday, morning drained it, cleaned it up, gave us meds and instructions.



I love my trainer, Ann-Marie! She lets me be hands on in learning to deal with issues that come up. I am not the best horse handler in the world but she tolerates my ineptness with "Is that how I taught you to do that?" and then I get it. So I got to help with Meins this morning and his eye looks so much better already.



Since it is going to be a beautiful day and weekend I'm going to get some work done in the yard and hang out with the dogs. Tomorrow I'll watch Paha be worked under saddle and if Meins is up to it (actually if I am) we'll ride tomorrow.


This pic is where we nearly lost Meins. The water in the pasture has never been this bad. Hubby is cutting down the horse chewed trees back here and up front we are clearing out brush and trash so we can lengthen and widen that part and completely close this off until we get this under control. Anyone want to buy some super rich black dirt?????

No comments:

Post a Comment