Friday, April 24, 2009


I am so looking forward to sitting around the firepit this Summer with hubby roasting hot dogs and just eating them right there. YUM!
Yesterday I could not start the lawn tractor to save my life and today.......VAROOOOM! So I cut the grass and it gave me a real shot in the arm. We have topsoil and fill dirt coming next week so we will be busy.
Today is the first time I saddled up Paha. It was nice to see MY equipment on him. My trainer watched me work with him in the round-pen and boy oh boy I kinda feel like I'm learning everything all over again. I have a hard time holding the rope and lunge whip which makes me clumsy and it takes my focus off my horse. I still need to get my whoa down. It's not coming across firmly enough and Paha (and Meins too) take those extra steps or in Pa's case just keeps walking. Still working on my confidence.
Tomorrow the farm is going on a trail ride nearby and I think I might go too. It will be very warm tomorrow so I'm looking forward to getting the kinks out and enjoying my horse and friends.

2 comments:

  1. Mister Paha looks great. I'm so glad you started this blog, so I can follow his progress. Such a fuzzy boy. Give him some good scratches from me. His 1/2 sister
    will be arriving at the museum the end of May. Katharine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Idahomom, I have a slew of Michiganders ready to purchase tickets! Thru me of coarse! Wouldn't that be something if another Smith horse came to Michigan! Maybe we can get the Smiths to move to the East side! lol Ann-Marie is hoping to mount up this week but if we get any more rain.....In the meantime he is a dream to work with and so very smart. He remembers everything!

    ReplyDelete