Tuesday, April 28, 2009

It's a start!














The load of sand came for the roundpen as did the rain. Sigh! Local folks who have lived in the area for years say they have not seen so much water here. I won't be able to get any more deliveries until the ground dries up some. And that is on the slope!




Check out the tire marks on the left. But you know what? Everything will eventually dry up, the fill dirt will come and my boys can come back home.




I think Paha is either fed up with the mud or is not liking being alone. As soon as he saw me he stood at the gate snorting, circling, blowing and shaking his head. The look on his face when I started to walk away was priceless. Think of the first time you left your youngster with a sitter or First day of Kindergarten, that face! The slowly watering eyes and the quiver in the chin, looking so lost and forlorn you just want to rush back to them and scoop them up and hug them as tight and long as you can. Now, I can't rush out to Paha and grab him around the neck and give him a hug (too muddy! lol) but I guess the head rub and muzzle tickle did the trick and he was ready to let me go. Believe me, I'll feel complete when my "kids" are home.





No comments:

Post a Comment