Tuesday, June 23, 2009

????????????











Did you ever take on a project with the best intentions and ask yourself later on "What was I thinking?"




Since it has become impossible for my hay guy to get in my backyard, I had decided some time ago to move the hay shed up near the garage. So step one, move the pasture/gate entrance. Not all that hard, a friend came with his tractor and dug the post holes, I put in the 4x6 posts, my farrier helped with the gate. Step 2, gravel to make a fairly solid driveway to the shed area. Gravel was also used to repair the driveway where hard rains washed it away and around the new fire pit so we can sit without chairs sinking into the ground, and as a base for the new shed floor.




So now we are at step 3, the new shed floor. What was I thinking????? I have no idea other than I should just go ahead and build my own barn! Do you know how much a 2"x12"x12' weighs? Neither do I but it is heavy and because I was getting tired and instead of quitting for the day, I kept going and dropped it and it slid down the back of my right calf. Not a pretty sight! So between drilling pilot holes for the screws and then turning the screws with a ratchet, my arms, hands, shoulder and neck are trashed. Thank God for Motrin! But the platform/floor looks great and will be a much better base than the plywood I originally used. So step 4 involves moving the shed itself. Guess what? Someone else is going to do that! And that is the easiest part of my simple project to move the hay shed so my hay guy does not have to stack it in the garage then we move it to the shed. WHEW!




I think Meins has been quite amused with all the goings on lately. Today I spent a good chunk of the morning with him in the round pen. Grooming, scratching, rubbing, rolling in the sand (thankfully no one saw me doing that!) and just hanging out.




Later in the day I went up to see Paha and just tell him how sorry I am that it may seem he is being ignored by his momma. I explained to him what has been going on and it is for them and to make things a bit easier for everyone involved as far as their care goes. Darned if he seemed to understand by resting his head on my chest and closing his eyes and letting out a big sigh.




Ahh to be loved by a horse.

No comments:

Post a Comment