Saturday, June 20, 2009

Rain, rain go away..........







This has to be one of the rainiest Springs I can remember! Meins has a run-in but the entire area was flooded as you can see by Sammy standing on the hay tire behind the run-in. I doubt very much he would have gone in there anyway. I just worry about his feet being wet all the time. I did get my load of gravel and have been putting it around water tank, hay area, gate, but because of all the rain it was like shoveling soup.


We have a creek/drain that runs thru the back part of our property and it had overflowed Wednesday to the point it looked like we had riverfront property. And 3/4 of a mile from here one of the culverts that runs along the freeway gave away and flooded our main road to town causing it to be shut down. Considering the heavier than usual traffic on our road it is still closed.


My friend Katie was to ride over this morning and we were going to venture the neighborhood on horseback but of course it's raining and as much as I would like to ride I am so done being wet, muddy and cold. I'm sure she is too but she is much younger than me and probably doesn't even bother her yet. Ah to be in my 20's again, NOT!


In awhile I'll go out and bring Meins in the garage and wipe him down and give him a good once over. Who knows, maybe the rain will be gone by then and we can still go out...........



No comments:

Post a Comment