Monday, June 15, 2009

OH yeah it's working!




You ever have one of those days where you really wonder what happened to your brain? For the past 2 weeks after we got the new fence sections up, I just never seemed to be able to get a charge across the field. I was laying in bed at night listening to the sounds in the pasture. I did not want an escapee.


Well Murphy's Law definately came into play here today. You know, when you think it is, it isn't and when you think it isn't, oh man, it is!


I went to the far side of the pasture to continue cleaning up vines and dead branches and putting them in a pile to burn. Anna had followed me on the outside of the pasture fence, she is afraid of Meins, so believing there was no charge to that side of the pasture I grabbed the bottom wire to let her into the pasture and it felt like somebody kicked my hand. So what was I thinking? haha, I wasn't! Think I won't touch that wire again anytime soon? HA, think again! At least I know it's working...........

I think Meins is liking that his momma seems a bit more relaxed and organized this time around. I do not feel anxious about riding him now. We even took a little jaunt in the rain and it really felt good. Next trim I am thinking of getting him boots to wear since our roads are gravel. It's those large, sharp gravel bits and I want to start building up to longer rides and trotting more. Not nursing stone bruises because I could not wait. Right now the far right side of the road is just dirt but it won' t stay that way for long and have already come across broken glass. That is a nightmare I do not want to even imagine!

No comments:

Post a Comment