Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Appy Antics!




Can Paha be any more adorable than this? He just had to get every last scrap of hay left in the tire. What other way to do that than to just step inside. Oh well, they make me laugh!

He had a bit of a tough morning yesterday as I had the vet come out to check his eyes again. He had seemingly become so sensitive to sunlight we were either keeping him in during the day or putting on his fly mask when he was out. The stain test showed his tear ducts were blocked so doc got out this long thin hose and had to stick it up into his nostrils and suction out the blockage. Even though he was already drugged you could see that it hurt. Poor baby! It took 5 of us to guide him back into his stall then doc put ointment inside the lower eyelids and I stayed for another half hour till he seemed more awake before leaving.

I went back after a few hours to check on him and my trainer/my friend, (just one of those days!) and both were fine. That was when I found him in the tire. So, all is well for now, Both boys got the rest of their vacs and if we can keep other issues at bay it will be a great Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment