Saturday, May 2, 2009

Derby Bird!


Did you don your Derby attire and sip mint Juleps? Well I didn't either but I did have some Pomegranate/Raspberry juice that was pretty colorful and tasty.
I thought it was pretty darn awesome that a 50 to 1 odds horse took the Derby by 20 lengths! It wasn't exactly a ground pounding, hanging on the edge of your seat run, but hey, a win is a win. A $9500 racehorse won the Derby! I absolutely love it! Just goes to show that money does not buy everything. So keep an eye on Mine That Bird, the Preakness is in two weeks, who knows what could happen next!

Paha is doing quite well with his ground driving and Meins just gives me that "when are we gonna ride" look. I'm coming as soon as I feel better and we are going to get going and get momma back in shape!

2 comments:

  1. I did have a mint julep (homemade)and watched the race. I like the irony/incongruity of a 50-1 shot winning the Derby, and it couldn't happen to a nicer jockey than Calvin Borrel. I don't think Mine That Bird will be a Triple Crown winner, but he'll be fun to watch.
    Glad you're taking care of yourself. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you I am feeling soooooooooooo much better1
    I didn't think Calvin seemed all that excited. hahahahaha His joy was really infectious! Now with I want Revenge out of the Preakness and Friesian Fire barely a spark, I agree that he'll be fun to watch. Wouldn't it be awesome if he could go all the way?

    ReplyDelete