Friday, May 15, 2009

Pleasant surprise!




I lay on the sofa yesterday for a few minutes with Anna,my 102 lb Doberman and Aldo, my 90lb Doberman suddenly jumped up from the floor hitting my arm and I heard it. A female hummingbird flew in thru the open patio door and buzzed over our heads briefly before going directly to the feeder in the doorway. I put the nectar feeders out Tues and Wednesday morning the hummers were buzzing around the yard. This is when I know the nicer weather is here to stay. This Spring my lilacs seemed to increase flowers making every stroll thru the yard and woods smell all the more enticing. We have been able to encourage so many beautiful songbirds to our feeders over the years. We have 3 sizes of woodpeckers we have named, Big Woodie, Little Woodie and Medium Woodie. We have seen the Flicker and a Red-headed woodpecker graced our yard one day when we heard numerous chainsaws running. The other surprise was having the Indigo Bunting back after a 3 yr absence.And there are 2 this time! Grosbeaks, Orioles and the some times annoying red-winged blackbirds are so entertaining and so friendly we have no problem being able to sit quietly nearby to enjoy them. So, go ahead and stop to smell the roses, lilacs, hyacinths whenever you can. It is a limited reminder of some of the pleasantries that surround us for us to enjoy.


Rode Meins briefly this morning. My only goal was to get on unassisted, practice our walk and be done for the day. So that went very well. Small steps.


Ann-Marie has gotten into the saddle on Paha! She said he is doing well with all of this. Good boy PA!

No comments:

Post a Comment