Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Jeanne rides again!


Well I was on and had a great time on Meins today. My horse and trainer are so patient which makes it all that much better for me. Pushing me when I'm not ready to do something brings resentment, resistance and flat out refusal. Sounds like a horse! I'll get my "saddle butt" back and Meins and I will be out and about in no time.

Since Appys are said to have tough feet, my boys wear no shoes. I just love my new farrier Darrin Koob. He's patient, knowledgeable and puts up with Paha's desire to "dance" now and then. He'll move right in step with him and gets the job done. I am learning a bit from him, break over trim, Mustang roll, angles, alignments and keeping his,and Meins' feet in top condition.

I love being a hands on owner. Sure I could have just dropped them off and then when their training was over have them back. I want to know what's going on and the hows and whys of that action and if the need arises on my own, to know I can handle the situation. That's why these people mean so much to me. They stop and give me the time of day! Have a great one yourself today.

No comments:

Post a Comment